Sharing a few of my prime suggestions for what to do and the place to go in Tucson, AZ!
Hi associates! Happy Monday! How’s the week beginning off for you? I’m educating my weekly aerobics class (such a blast!) and the Pilot is off work right this moment. I’m excited to have a correct daytime father or mother date with him. We’ll most likely go wild and head to Lowe’s for crops after which chill within the sizzling tub? I can’t wait. 🙂
For right this moment’s put up, I’m sharing up to date Tucson recs! I wrote a put up with Tucson suggestions a few years in the past, however sadly, a number of the issues on the checklist are non longer our faves, or have closed down. Also, a number of new spots have opened up! I’m sharing some concepts on the place to eat, what to do, and the place to hike, if you end up within the Old Pueblo searching for some concepts. Tucson is a foodie’s paradise and we've SO many superb native eating places.
What to do and the place to eat in Tucson
Where to buy?
La Encantada (positively take a look at Creative Kind for presents, candles, and enjoyable stationary from native artisans)
The large outlet mall
4th Avenue for extra classic and thrift finds
St. Phillip’s plaza has some native boutiques
MSA Annex – one in all my favourite “tourist” retailers is Why I Love Where I Live, with AZ-themed shirts, hats, and stickers. It’s the place I bought my beloved cactus baseball cat that I put on on a regular basis.
Best Tucson eating places
– Weekend brunch: DEFINITELY go to the Blues and Brews buffets at Loew’s or the brunch buffet at Hacienda del Sol. They’re each completely beautiful with beautiful views and tons of choices — simply be sure to get reservations.
– If you’re searching for one thing low-key, go right down to the Mercado San Augustin and seize the most effective Mexican donut of your life from La Estrella bakery. Sit on the courtyard and luxuriate in it with a espresso from Presta subsequent door.
– Prep and Pastry has an incredible brunch and so they have two areas
– Cup Cafe downtown
– Snooze (I’m so pumped we lastly bought one!)
Lunch and dinner:
– Beyond Bread. This is a Tucson treasure and I extremely suggest it for sandwiches, wraps, salads, soups, and pastries. My go-to is the Kalid’s Curry (hen curry salad) on the gluten-free wrap with vinegar slaw.
– Culinary Dropout. Think elevated variations of American classics, and many tasty cocktails and appetizers
– Saffron. My fave Indian spot in Tucson!
– Nook- a cute trendy spot downtown
– Zayna’s Mediterranean Food. Everything is all the time recent and scrumptious. The falafel plate is my fave.
– Eclectic Cafe. We’ve been going to Eclectic Cafe ceaselessly and can get takeout typically as a result of the ladies find it irresistible, too. They actually have one thing for everybody and the meals is persistently good.
– Cowboy Cookout at Tanque Verde Ranch (Saturday nights!) with reside nation music, grilled meats, prickly pear margaritas, and a full buffet
– CharroVida – it’s like Mediterranean meets Mexican meals, with a give attention to utilizing more healthy oil choices, recent, native produce, and sustainable meat and fish
– Goodness – bowls, sandwiches, breakfast, smoothies, kombucha on faucet
– Tumerico – one in all my prime eating places in all of Tucson. The menu varies relying on the season and what’s recent on the market, and so they make all the things in-house, together with the sauces, salsa, and tortillas.
– Nekter (for acai bowls and smoothies)
– Beaut Burger (vegan burgers — so so good)
– Choice Greens – a build-your-own salad bar
– The Little One. They blast Mexican music, the proprietor will cease by and provide you with a hug, and the menu varies every day. The frescas additionally change every day – I extremely suggest getting one, or an horchata, to go along with the meal! It’s cash-only, so ensure you have some readily available. (Also price mentioning right here that they’re solely open for breakfast and lunch)
Best Mexican Food in Tucson!
– El Charro. We looooove El Charro and it’s in our common rotation. They have my favourite chips in all of Tucson – that is necessary haha – and whereas I by no means attempt something new, I’m very proud of my staples. I all the time get the 2 hen tacos with shredded hen, charro beans, rice, and a large margarita.
– Calle Tepa. Calle Tepa can also be in our common rotation. It’s an informal Mexican spot and the service is all the time FAST, which makes it superior for teenagers. They have an enormous menu and I particularly love their salsa bar.
– Tumerico (vegan) – talked about this one above. DEFINITELY do this one if you end up in Tucson!
– Blanco. Blanco has unimaginable guacamole and drinks, and it’s additionally situated at La Encantada, which makes it ideally suited to pair with a day of procuring, then comply with up with gelato from Frost.
– Seis Kitchen. I like to recommend the Mercado location as a result of you possibly can take pleasure in it on the patio!
– We do love Guadalara Grill, however the previous couple of instances, the service has been very, very sluggish, so I don’t suggest it as usually as I used to. El Charro and Calle Tepa have AMAZING meals and tremendous quick service.
We haven’t tried these however have heard superb issues about Rosa’s and Rollie’s, too
Date evening (I like to recommend having reservations for all of those!):
– BATA. We went to BATA when it first opened and might’t rave about it sufficient. The meals is extraordinarily distinctive, the cocktails have been the most effective I’ve had in Tucson, and it’s an ideal date-night spot.
– Terraza Garden Patio and Lounge at Hacienda del Sol. They usually have reside music on the patio, twinkly lights, and fantastic meals.
– Tito and Pep
– Augustin Kitchen
– Vivace – an Italian spot with beautiful foothills views
– Postino – a wine bar with customizable toasts and toppings, charcuterie, large salads, and panini
Tucson mountain climbing spots
We’re lucky to have SO many trailheads right here in Tucson! Check out All Trails for one which meets your private ranges and distance choice, however listed below are a few of my prime hikes:
Best ice cream, dessert, and chilly treats:
We love the Hub ice cream downtown (they all the time have a vegan taste that’s to die for!), Frost for gelato, and Bahama Bucks for shaved ice. If you’re in Tucson, you additionally HAVE to attempt an eegee! There are areas with drive-thrus all over the place. The July taste of the month is my fave (watermelon) and I additionally love the iced Teegee, which is lemon eegee with iced tea. Definitely get some fries and ranch to dip them; you received’t remorse it.
Lovin’ Spoonfuls has my FAVORITE desserts in Town — they’re all vegan, too!
Also Cafe a la Cart has insanely superb desserts and pastries
Monsoon Chocolate for native, handcrafted chocolate bars
Tucson native spots to discover with children:
Defy trampoline park
Splash pad (we've nice ones at Brandi Fenton and Udall park)
Take a horse lesson at Tanque Verde Ranch or TRAK
Sabino Canyon (you possibly can take the tram if it’s too sizzling to hike)
Pima Air and Space Museum
Trail Dust Town
Flandrau Science Center and Planetarium
Rocks and Ropes
Mini Time Machine Museum
Have you been to Tucson? What are a few of your native favourite suggestions? We can share the love and assist one another out within the feedback!