These simple Salted Caramel Thumbprint Cookies are the right little sugar-free deal with! Made with almond flour, they're additionally grain-free and low-carb!
These Salted Caramel Thumbprint Cookies are sponsored by our mates at Bob's Red Mill.
There aren't a number of cookie recipes on Cast Iron Keto, truly, that is the one cookie recipe on CIK and we're not mad about it. In the previous, we have primarily caught to recipes utilizing forged iron skillets or Dutch ovens however as we develop, our forged iron sheet pan is coming in helpful! We used it in our recipe for Keto Biscuits and now we see all kinds of cookie recipes in our future!
First up within the cookie division are these scrumptious Keto Salted Caramel Thumbprint Cookies! They are SO simple to make and have only a few elements together with the star, Bob's Red Mill's Super-Fine Almond Flour!
You'll first need to make a batch of our Sugar Free Caramel Syrup / Sauce to tuck into the center of the thumbprint cookies however there are just a few methods to make the caramel your personal too!
Read on beneath for the recipe particulars, suggestions and methods, and enjoyable customizations.[feast_advanced_jump_to]
- Bob's Red Mill Super-Fine Almond Flour - we completely adore the buttery deliciousness of Bob's Red Mill Super-Fine Almond Flour! Even although this put up is sponsored, we use this almond flour in each single recipe that requires almond flour on CIK, sponsored or not. It's our fave!
- Unsalted butter - you need to use common butter or plant-based to maintain these thumbprint cookies dairy-free!
- Sugar-free maple syrup
- Pure vanilla extract - bourbon vanilla extract is scrumptious right here!
- Sea salt - pink Himalayan salt or Kosher salt additionally works nice
- Salted caramel - make a batch of our caramel and let it cool to room temperature earlier than making the cookies.
See recipe card for portions.
Make the caramel sauce in line with its recipe (linked above + within the recipe card) and let it cool whilst you make the cookies.
Place all the cookie elements in a big mixing bowl and blend properly to mix.
Roll the dough into 18 balls, place on a plate and refrigerate for a minimum of 20 minutes.
Transfer the sheet pan into the oven set at 350°. Bake for 12 minutes, take away from the oven and use the top of a spatula or your finger to open up the middle only a bit extra.
Place the cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet and use your thumb to make an indent in every cookie.
Fill every cavity with a couple of teaspoon of caramel and sprinkle with flaky sea salt. Store at room temperature for as much as 3 days or within the fridge for as much as one week.
Hint: The cookies will harden as they cool, we advise leaving them on the sheet pan for a minimum of an hour earlier than consuming though a pleasant gooey caramel cookie is fairly nice too 😉
As written these cookies are grain-free, egg-free, sugar-free, soy-free, and gluten-free. They're additionally keto-friendly, low-carb, and simply made dairy-free or 100% vegan 🌱
- Dairy-free - as an alternative of butter within the caramel and the cookies, use a plant-based substitute. This will make the cookies vegan as properly.
- Nut-free - sadly, we have not examined this Salted Caramel Thumbprint Cookie recipe with another flour than almond flour. Coconut flour may match right here however we have not tried it. If you do, please depart a remark beneath letting us know the way they turned out!
There are so some ways to make these thumbprint cookies your personal however we'll provide you with just a few of our favourite concepts!
- Add pumpkin - we have made the caramel as written and added 2 tablespoons of the puree to the cooled caramel and it is DELICIOUS, severely SO good! You may add a teaspoon or two of pumpkin pie spice into the caramel for those who go this route!
- Use jam - a sugar-free jam is scrumptious in these thumbprint cookies rather than the salted caramel! Raspberry is our present favourite.
- Use chocolate - use a sugar-free chocolate kiss or just a few chocolate chips within the heart. You might additionally fill them with a chocolate ganache, OMG, that is a improbable concept, we won't wait to attempt it!
We can consider 1,000,000 different concepts, share yours beneath so we may be impressed 😉
Equipment can have a big effect on how a recipe seems. We used the next:
- Mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon/spatula
- Cast-iron sheet pan - we use this one
- Cast-iron sauce pot - we use this one
Store the cookies in a single layer in an hermetic container on the countertop for as much as 3 days or within the fridge for as much as one week.
💭 Top tip
Be certain to cook dinner your caramel in line with the "very thick caramel" (technique #3 within the recipe card) directions. This offers you a thick caramel that may preserve its form and never spill out of the cookies.
Salted Caramel Thumbprint Cookies
For the caramel
- Make the sugar-free caramel sauce in line with its recipe and the strategy for making "very thick caramel", technique #3 within the recipe. Let cool whilst you make the cookies.
For the cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a big mixing bowl, mix the elements and blend till clean.
- Roll the dough into 18 balls and place them on a plate. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Line a cast-iron baking sheet (or common baking sheet) with parchment paper. Place the cookies about 1-2" aside then use your thumb or the top of a spoon/spatula to make an indent within the heart of every cookie.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 12-14 minutes till simply barely beginning to flip golden, they need to nonetheless be pretty pale. Remove from the personal and let cool for five minutes. If the facilities are overrated, merely use your thumb or the top of the spoon to remake the dent within the heart.
- Place a couple of teaspoon of the caramel into the middle of every cookie and sprinkle with flaky sea salt. Let cool earlier than storing.