This Peanut Zoodles and Spicy Shrimp salad is likely to be my favourite summer time dish of all time! It is not going to interchange potato salad, grilled corn, pasta salads or fried hen, all my childhood favorites, however it's positively on my must-have checklist!!! All the spices blended into the creamy peanut butter after which the enjoyable form of the zucchini and people candy shrimp simply makes my style buds pleased. I hope you attempt it and have the identical pleased feeling as me!
Ok, perhaps this must be known as zucchini noodles with a peanut sauce and shrimp. I feel its simpler to get folks to attempt zoodles over zucchini noodles. Especially somebody that does not like veggies. This is a enjoyable strategy to trick children and adults into making an attempt a brand new veggie dish.
Making the Peanut Zoodles and Spicy Shrimp
This comes collectively shortly after the prep work is completed. First take away the shells from the shrimp. TIP: If the shrimp are frozen place them in some heat water. They will thaw in lower than 10 minutes. Then the shells can simply be eliminated. If the shrimp have that "shrimpy" shrimp odor click here for how to remove that smell. ⬅️This trick works each time!!!
Place the shrimp in a small bowl and add the lemon juice. Set apart. Next, prep the zucchini, carrots, and peas.
Now its time to make the zoodles for the peanut zoodles and spicy shrimp. Cut the ends off the zucchini and rinse them with chilly water. To noodle the zucchini, we use an attachment for our KitchenAid however there are a number of instruments accessible to make the zoodles. Or you should buy the zucchini already "zoodled" on the grocery retailer.
Using a meals processor with the shredding attachment or use a field cheese shredder-Shred the carrots.. Place in a bowl with the zoodles
For the peas carry a small pan of water to a boil, add the peas for one minute not more than three minutes. Drain them from the boiling water and run chilly over them to cease them from cooking.
Now prepare dinner the shrimp. If including scorching peppers slice the peppers in half. Then add the olive oil to a big saute pan. Heat the olive oil for about 30 seconds till it begins to get scorching. Add the garlic and peppers (if utilizing). Toss round for a couple of minute. Then add the shrimp with the lemon juice. There's going to be good sizzle when the shrimp are added. Cook for about 5 minutes till the shrimp are completed. The strategy to inform if the shrimp are completed is that they are going to flip from translucent to opaque. They could have an opaque white coloration with some pink and shiny crimson accents. Remove from the warmth and place on a small dish. Set apart till able to serve with the Peanut Zoodles and Spicy Shrimp.
Making the Peanut Sauce
We've made this with creamy and chunky peanut butter. I desire the chunky peanut butter however each varieties are nice for this peanut zoodles and spicy shrimp dish. For this step simply combine all of the sauce substances collectively; Peanut Butter, Soy Sauce, Sugar, Sesame Oil, Vinegar, and Pepper Flakes. Again if you do not need this spicy simply pass over the pepper flakes. Mix all of the substances totally collectively.
Toss collectively the zoodles, carrots, and peas. Then gently combine within the peanut sauce.
Enjoy the Peanut Zoodles and Spicy Shrimp!!!!!
Peanut Zoodles and Spicy Shrimp
A Few Things We Use
- KitchenAid Spiralizer
- Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Spoons
- Mini Food Chopper
Zoodles and different veggies
- 3 Medium Zucchini Appx 6 Cups
- 1 Large Carrot Appx 1 to 1 1/2 Cups Shredded
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas
- 3 Scallions (Green Onions) Optional
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter Crunchy or Smooth Peanut Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar Or White Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Pepper Flakes OPTIONAL
- 1 Pound Shrimp
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 Serrano Peppers OPTIONAL
- 1 teaspoon Salt
Zoodles and Veggies
- Shred/Noodle the Zucchini (or purchase already shredded Zucchini). We use an attachment to the KitchenAid
- Using a field cheese grater or meals processor with the grater attachment, grate the carrots (these can be bought already grated)
- Boil 2 cups of water. When water begins to boil add peas. Par Boil for One (1) minute. Drain Peas and run beneath chilly water for a minute to cease them from cooking
- Mix collectively Soy Sauce, Sugar, Peanut Butter, Sesame Oil, Rice Vinegar, and OPTIONAL Pepper flakes
- Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon on the Shrimp
- Heat Olive oil add the garlic and Serrano peppers. (Only add the peppers if you'd like it spicy). Cook for about one minute
- Add the Shrimp with the lemon juice and salt.
- Toss Shrimp within the pan till prepare dinner about 4 to five minutes. Remove from warmth when shrimp are completed.
- Toss collectively the Zoodles, Carrots, Peas and Green Onions
- Mix the peanut sauce into the Zoodles combination and toss to coat
- Place in a serving dish
- Top with the cooked shrimp