Sharing the small print on my make money working from home workplace setup, plus my expertise with utilizing a strolling pad.
Hellooooo! How are ya and the way’s the morning going to this point? We’re again into actual life after our little journey and it felt good to have just a few days of normalcy. I’m so sick of restaurant and takeout meals, I inform ya. It’s additionally superb to have espresso at dwelling – Starbucks won’t ever be the identical to me.
This morning I’ve an thrilling podcast interview and am unpacking, and re-packing. 🙂 I’d love to listen to what you’re as much as!
For at the moment’s submit, I needed to share my little make money working from home setup, plus my expertise utilizing a strolling pad. It’s helped me dramatically improve my steps and exercise stage throughout longer work days, and I’m so pumped with this replace to the workplace!
My WFH (make money working from home) setup
My lil workplace house:
I’ve sufficient room in right here to meditate, work, stroll, or get in a fast exercise (like Sculpt Society).
Here are a few of the issues I’ve within the workplace:
– My beloved Peloton bike! Perfect for cardio exercises or shaking my legs out
– My PEMF Go Mat. I take advantage of this for meditation each morning, or after I really feel like I would like a recharge or Zen second. My full PEMF Go Mat evaluate submit is right here, and if you happen to’d like one for your self, right here is the hyperlink! My code is FITNESSISTA15 for 15% off
– A regular desk. I like having this for shorter work classes or after I want to talk/current, like reside recordings, course recordings, and extra formal Zoom calls. The desk and chair are from World Market however each offered out, since they’re years outdated.
– Triangle shelf (related right here) crammed with pictures and the women’ art work.
– On the other wall (unpictured), I even have this e-book shelf, which has a few of my health and vitamin assets and the Pilot’s army cash/flags/thingies.
– New strolling pad and electrical standing desk. I picked lower-cost choices as a result of they’d good critiques and I’ve been impressed to this point!
TBH, I began to dread time within the workplace as a result of it often meant that I’d be sitting for hours. I’m positive lots of you possibly can relate, however after I sit for hours, I really feel horrible afterwards. My muscle tissue are creaky and my power stage plummets to the bottom.
Once I’m “in the zone,” it’s simple for me to get right into a time warp and work nonstop, however for longer duties, I undoubtedly must drive myself to do it. Having the strolling pad has made a WORLD of distinction. I don’t really feel daunted by giant duties (like watching a number of movies in a row) as a result of I’ve the prospect to maneuver whereas I’m doing it. I’ve additionally seen that my afternoon power is significantly better after I’m slowly strolling as an alternative of sitting for a very long time.
Some ideas for utilizing a strolling pad with an electrical desk:
(and a few of the issues I’ve needed to study the onerous approach)
– Use footwear! This was a studying level for me as a result of I do just about every little thing barefoot. The bottoms of my ft began to harm a bit, so I go away a pair of sneakers subsequent to the strolling pad. (I’m loving my Vivobarefoots proper now.)
– Add an extender to your Apple watch or your health band so you possibly can connect to your ankle if monitoring steps is essential to you.
– Watch your neck and modify the place of the desk as wanted. Ideally, our display needs to be in step with our eyes. This isn’t practical after we’re typing, however if you happen to’re watching a video, attempt elevating the desk so that you don’t must bend your neck as a lot to view the display.
– Take breaks. It’s essential to take display breaks whether or not you’re strolling or seated. Give your eyes an opportunity to relaxation, go outdoors, or just look away from the display and in all instructions. (Obviously watch out if you happen to’re doing this whereas strolling lol.) I additionally prefer to put on my blue gentle blockers after I’m on screens after sundown, and through the day, I’ve f.lux on my laptop (which makes the display extra of a yellow hue so my retinas aren’t burning).
– Just like the rest, work as much as it! I undoubtedly do NOT stroll for hours per day – and it’s not my aim as a result of I don’t need my physique to count on it – however I’m as much as the purpose the place I can stroll and sort for about an hour. Start with 10-Quarter-hour and add on a bit every week till you attain your aim time. You may also use it to interrupt up longer seated classes, like strolling for 5-10 minutes each hour.
So there ya go!
What’s your work setup like? Do you work from home, or at an workplace?
I had been exploring some coworking areas in Tucson to modify issues up a bit, however now that I’ve the strolling pad, I’ve been extra excited and motivated to make money working from home. 🙂 Also, we now have fairly good espresso, snacks, and the cutest Sheepadoodle curled up at my ft.