Gemma Corey is a 41-year-old mum-of-three based mostly in Brisbane and has been following The Healthy Mummy for the final two and a half years.
“In total I have now lost just over 27kg. I have also managed to have my healthiest and lowest risk pregnancy at 41 by following the Healthy Mummy Pregnancy Meal Plans and workouts in The Healthy Mummy app,” she says.
In reality, by following the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, Gemma has been capable of make a heap of wholesome meals from the app – 156 serves for underneath $100 – that works out to be simply over 60 cents per serve!
What Gemma made:
8 Healthy Mummy mains:
- Devilled sausages (8 serves)
- Stovetop Lasagne (6 serves)
- Potato Topped Savoury Mince Pie (4 serves)
- Butter Chicken (4 serves)
- Country Chicken Pie (6 serves)
- Sweet and Sour Chicken (4 serves)
- Curry Flavoured Noodles (4 serves)
- Slow Cooker Mac n Cheese (4 serves)
8 Healthy Mummy snacks:
- Caramilk Weetbix Slice (24 serves)
- Healthy Mummy Vanilla Slice (16 serves)
- Choc Chip Cookie Tart (16 serves)
- Choc Chip Banana Bread (16 serves)
- Flourless Chocolate Cake (12 serves)
- Triple Chocolate Cheesecake made on a Caramilk (12 serves)
- Choc Toffee Bark (12 serves)
- Healthy Sausage Rolls (8 serves)
40 serves of mains and 116 serves of snacks
You can discover all of those recipes on The Healthy Mummy app.
“I made a total of 156 serves for under $100! $99.91 to be exact. This prep took me approximately 4.5 hours while I was still caring for my nine month old,” she says.
“Luckily I had picked recipes which I had made earlier than. So for probably the most half I didn't have to learn the substances or recipe technique and will simply get cooking! Because I used to be doing this prep all on sooner or later, it required vital planning!
“I had to carefully plan which meals and snacks I would make. I had to plan which dishes I would cook/bake my meals in (eg slow cooker, stovetop, oven and air fryer). This saved me a lot of time because I wasn’t waiting for one dish to finish baking in the oven before my next dish could be prepped.”
Gemma used as many kitchen home equipment as she may
In reality, Gemma made full use of all of her kitchen home equipment, she used her stovetop, oven, air fryer and microwave.
“Before starting I organised all of my prepping containers on table so that I could quickly plate up my dishes and then move onto the next recipe, saving time,” she says.
“While shopping for ingredients, I was surprised at how much cheaper I could get tinned and frozen vegetables than fresh right now. This was a huge saving. Plus it didn’t make a difference to my end dish because I am freezing them anyway.”
“Because I used to be prepping a number of meals and snacks on the identical time I created a manufacturing line with all of my substances for every dish. This saved me centered so I didn’t neglect any key substances or steps within the recipe technique.
“I had a horrible behavior of shopping for far more groceries than we wanted. This meant that there was at all times quite a lot of waste with fruits and veggies ending up within the bin.
“Now I carefully plan out our dinners for the week and I purchase only the ingredients that we need and substitute proteins, veggies and fruits across dishes so that there is minimal waste. I rarely throw anything out!”
Gemma’s high suggestions for different mums meal prepping
1. Clean up as you go alongside
2. Aim to make use of every part you purchase. I made an actual effort for this meal prep to be zero waste. I made positive that if I purchased an merchandise (eg puff pastry, pasta or a dozen eggs) I picked recipes that may deplete the whole quantity.
3. Repeat meals and snacks as a lot as you may. The new 3 Pot Meal Plans actually encourage me to search out new methods to repurpose my leftovers into model new meals.
4. Try to minimise the quantity of various substances you might be shopping for every week by selecting meals that use the identical base substances or can have the identical substances substituted in.
5. Don’t neglect to take a look at the veggies within the frozen and tinned sections! These can prevent some huge cash if you're utilizing them in your cooking. Frozen chopped spinach is waaayyyy cheaper than a bag of contemporary child spinach.
How The Healthy Mummy app helped Gemma price range
“I relied heavily on the filters in the Healthy Mummy app. I searched for recipes using the ‘budget friendly’ and ‘5 & under’ filters for inspiration when putting together my planned mains and snacks,” Gemma says.
“I had a horrible behavior of coming dwelling from work drained and shopping for takeaway as a result of I couldn’t be bothered cooking.
“This would occur two, generally 3 times per week. This behavior would value us as much as $150 further every week.
“Thanks to my meal prep, I can have a healthy, family-friendly meal on the table much faster than getting takeaway. While we definitely haven’t given up getting takeaway – I can now enjoy it as a treat (once a fortnight) rather than feel guilty about it!”
Amazingly, Gemma estimates that she has additionally managed to save lots of a further $50 per week from our grocery store by sticking to a meal plan and never overbuying substances to restrict waste.
Gemma has saved herself $7,800 a yr
“I estimate these changes have saved us $150 per week $650 per month and $7,800 per year,” she says.
“Because our household revenue has lowered whereas I'm on maternity depart, we haven’t been capable of improve our weekly grocery price range.
“So we have had to make our existing budget stretch to afford all of those new bub necessities (formula, nappies, wipes etc). This has meant that I have had to save $50 per week to cover these costs.”
Gemma Corey’s weight reduction success
Gemma Corey says, “My greatest weight reduction mistake was losing an excessive amount of money and time on diets which weren't sustainable for my way of life.
“I've misplaced 27kg following the Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges and incorporating their smoothies and dietary supplements into my way of life. It took me simply over 12 months to lose this quantity of weight.
“Having access to heaps of budget and family-friendly meals and the ability to do effective workouts at home has made my weight loss journey such a success! Thanks to Healthy Mummy, I have finally learnt how to live a healthier and more active lifestyle!”
Take management of your well being and health on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Want to take cost of your personal well being and weight? Then be part of our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge TODAY.
With greater than 6000 scrumptious (and wholesome) recipes, 500 workout routines & 24/7 help – the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is designed (and confirmed) to assist busy mums such as you shed pounds!
To be taught extra about our problem OR to affix – click on right here.