Kira Poliseno is a 31-year-old mum-of-two from Melbourne’s jap suburbs and works as a pharmacy assistant.
She has misplaced 19kg since following The Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Amazingly, she’s additionally shared how she made this Budget Meal Prep which is a part of the Gap Week Meal plan, consisting of wholesome recipes from The Healthy Mummy app.
Now, she saves $5,000 a 12 months on purchasing!
Kira shares her wonderful meal prep and the way she saves $5,000 a 12 months on her meals store!
In complete, Kira made 88 serves and can make an additional 29 serves with the meals she has left over.
This consisted of 13 completely different dishes consisting of 52 serves of most important meals and 36 serves of snacks. It price her $182.29 for the complete grocery store and took 5 hours to cook dinner every part.
If you embrace the meals she is going to make with the meals she’s already made, it really works out to be simply over $1.55 per serve!
What Kira made:
- 6 serves of Spinach and Feta Puffs
- 4 serves of Strawberry Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- 12 serves of Turkey and Cranberry Sausage Rolls
- 6 serves of White Chocolate and Goji Fudge
- 4 serves of Spinach and Ricotta Pasta Bake
- 6 serves of Pumpkin and Pine Nut Pasta
- 6 serves of Tasty Mexican Fried Rice
- 6 serves of Creamy Corn Soup
- 6 serves of Pepperoni Potato Pizza Bake
- 6 serves of Pumpkin and Chickpea Burger patties
- 6 serves of Kid Friendly Healthy Meat Pie
- 12 serves of Peanut Butter Pie
- 6 serves of Simple Panna Cotta
“Plus, I will get another 30 serves from my shopping to make the following recipes on the day,” she says.
“I made some recipes in bulk to freeze for future meals. I had the app open the whole time on my iPad, reading the recipes as I went.”
“It was super easy having all the recipes I needed right there, without having to flip pages or hunt for any recipes!”
“I easily save upwards of $100 a week by meal planning, prepping, being organised and buying cheaper brand products.”
On the day recipes Kira will make:
- 2 serves of Pancakes
- 6 serves of Apple slices
- 1 serve of Toast with smashed avo
- 1 serve of Veg pizza mug
- 6 serves of Spicy corn nachos
- 1 serve of Tuna wrap
- 2 serves of Spring rolls
- 2 serves of Fruit salad and rice paper rolls
- 2 serves of Double Chocolate Overnight Weet-Bix
- 2 serves of Cleansing Chia Pudding
- 2 serves of Tuna & Sweet Potato Cakes
- 2 serves of Pumpkin and Beetroot Quinoa
This works out to be an additional 29 serves!
Kira’s prime suggestions for spectacular meal prep:
1. Clean as you go! It can get messy cooking a lot meals abruptly
2. Plan and create a guidelines and an order of what meals you need to be making first. I attempted to plan it so I didn’t make every part that wanted to go within the oven without delay, as an alternative, I alternated dishes that wanted to go within the oven with ones that didn’t.
3. Put components away as you go so that you don’t find yourself with a cluttered bench-top! I left a number of issues out at occasions after which I couldn’t discover them after I wanted them!
4. I did a click on and gather so I saved time doing the precise purchasing, this gave me a lot extra further time on the day! I may additionally see the full price earlier than I checked out
5. Clean your kitchen beforehand and begin with an empty dishwasher and/or dish rack
“I love the budget meal plan because it means I always have healthy, nutritious meals for my family while shopping on a budget,” she says.
Kira’s prime suggestions for holding to a finances and saving cash:
1. Shop in-season fruit and greens, for instance, in winter we eat extra citrus fruits and in summer season we purchase a lot of recent berries!
2. I’ve been shopping for a whole lot of frozen fruit and greens as these are rather a lot cheaper and also you don’t have to fret about them spoiling if you happen to don’t use them in time
3. Be ready, have a weekly checklist and solely purchase what you’ll use. I was actually unorganised and throw a lot away on the finish of the week, now I exploit up every part as I’m solely shopping for what I’ll want!
4. Don’t store hungry – you’re extra probably to purchase greater than you want
5. Sign up for Woolworths Rewards and Flybuys for Coles. You’ll achieve factors in your purchasing. I recover from $600 a 12 months price of factors doing this!
6. Go to Aldi no less than as soon as a month and refill on a number of the cheaper gadgets. Aldi is often a a lot better worth than different supermarkets
“I will now be sticking to my meal plan for the week this week as almost everything is already made and ready to eat,” she says.
“All I have to do is heat it up, and I will have to spend minimal time in the kitchen.”
Kira says she has saved $5,000 a YEAR by being organised
“I think I have saved up to $5,000 a year by being organised with my weeks and meal prepping,” she says.
“By preparing my own snacks I save a lot too as the cost per serve is usually much cheaper than pre-packaged snacks.”
“I have saved a lot of time! I will have to spend barely any time in the kitchen this week now as I already have all my meals cooked!”
“Even on my usual weeks where I do my small prep on a Sunday, I save so much time getting everything done at once.”
Check out a few of Kira’s earlier meal preps and weight reduction outcomes:
4 mums have saved virtually $35,000 between them since they joined The Healthy Mummy
5 mums reveal how they had been capable of transfer the scales down after hitting a plateau
Mum loses child weight for the second time and is again to herself!
Join Kira on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and get entry to over 6000 Healthy Recipes!
We’ve proudly helped hundreds of thousands of mums remodel their well being. Mums identical to you utterly remodel their well being and our bodies. You can do it too!
The 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is the mum’s solely 5-star rated app with over 1.6k opinions in 8 weeks!!
You get unrestricted entry to :
● Nutritionist & chef-designed weekly meal plans
● Over 500 completely different Personal Trainer crafted at-home exercises
● Daily Motivation from My Coach
● Personalised Shopping lists to make life simple
● Over 6000 wholesome and scrumptious recipes at your fingertips
● REAL-TIME help from The Healthy Mummy Team and OVER 300,000 different mums
CLICK HERE for extra particulars