Hot Italian Sausage Sandwich with peppers and onions is considered one of my favourite sandwiches of all time!!!! Mainly as a result of it is so darn good and it does convey again one of the best childhood recollections of instances with my Dad. We just lately went to the Great Geauga County Fair and one of many many meals gadgets we bought was a Hot Italian Sausage Sandwich. It was humorous the sandwich in my thoughts tasted the identical as after I was a young person. Food is such a good way to convey again all these completely happy recollections.
How to make a Hot Italian Sausage Sandwich
Amy and I made a decision we needed to share methods to make this enjoyable honest sandwich. Yes it is a nice reminiscence for each of us since I at all times made Amy get considered one of these sandwiches when ever we went to the honest and I've been making it at house since she was a little bit woman.
First factor be sure to get Italian sausage. We normally purchase Hot Italian sausage hyperlinks however Mild Italian Sausage may also work. Another considered one of our favorites is a bratwurst with onions and peppers.
Cooking the Sausage
Heat a Tablespoon of Olive Oil in a big pan over medium warmth. After about 30 seconds add the Italian Sausage hyperlinks to the pan. Brown the sausage on all sides. Takes about 5 to 10 minutes.
While the Italian Sausage is cooking slice the onion, purple and inexperienced bell peppers. And
If you need it actually spicy Chop a Habanero like we did or add a couple of flakes of crushed purple peppers. This is one of the best a part of this Hot Italian Sausage Sandwich you can also make it actually spicy, a little bit spice or no spice in any respect. Now I imagine it has to have some kick simply to make it that nice tingle taste in each chew. The Sandwich continues to be actually good whether it is delicate or spicy what ever makes you cheerful!!!
Now as soon as the Hot Italian Sausage is completed. Remove it from the Pan and put aside whereas the onions and peppers begin to cook dinner. I prefer to take the temperature of the sausage simply to ensure it's executed all the best way within the center. Just take a thermometer in a single finish of the sausage and examine the temp.
After eradicating the Sausage add a Tablespoon of Oil to the Pan. Then add the Onions and Peppers. Toss them round to combine and cook dinner for five minutes or so till they begin to soften.
Once the peppers begin to cook dinner add the sausage again in and add a cup of water with the peppers and sausage. Cook over medium warmth for 20 minutes or so till the peppers and onions have the consistency you need. The onions and peppers needs to be tender and actually flavorful. BTW - When making this Hot Italian Sausage Sandwich the home smells actually good when that is cooking.
This Hot Italian Sausage may be severed on a bun or on prime of rice or with simply the sausage and peppers.
Hot Italian Sausage with Peppers and Onions
A Few Things We Use
- Saute Pan
- 5 Italian Sausage
- 1 Large Green pepper
- 1 Large Red Pepper
- 1 Large Onion or 2 Medium Onions
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes or 1 Habanero More or much less Red Pepper Flakes- depends upon how spicy you need the peppers
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Place 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil in Saute Pan. Heat
- Add the Italian Sausage to the Saute Pan. Cook over medium warmth brown all sides of the sausage. Cook Sausage till executed.
- While the Italian Sausage is cooking put together the veggies.Slice Onions, Green and Red Peppers
- Check the Temperature of the Italian Sausage with a meat thermometer.
- When the Italian Sausage is completed take away it from the pan and put aside.
- Add Onions, Peppers and salt. If you need it spicy add the Habanero pepper or crushed purple pepper flakes.
- Cook Onions and peppers till they begin altering to get tender (About 5 to eight minutes). Add 1 Cup of Water after which place the Italian Sausage again within the Pan.
- Simmer the Onions and Peppers for 10 to fifteen till they're tender and executed to the fidelity you need.
- Place the Italian Sausage, onions and peppers on a heat roll and Enjoy
The submit Hot Italian Sausage Sandwich with Peppers and Onions appeared first on Belly Laugh Living.