Casseroles or One Dish dinners are one of the best!!!!. This Garlic and Herb Squash Casserole is not going to disappoint. We made this dish with Patty Pan Squash however it's additionally nice with any kind of summer season squash. This is only a enjoyable summer season dish that may be a fundamental course or as a facet with grilled hen, steak or pork.
One of one of the best components of this garlic and herb squash casserole is including recent herbs and tomatoes straight out of the backyard. Every 12 months we take pleasure in planting a small backyard with herbs, tomatoes, a number of kinds of peppers and cucumbers. We do an "above ground" variation so our backyard is all in pots. We have not tried to develop squash but within the pots however it's one thing we actually need to strive! If you might have any suggestions or methods for squash rising, please tell us!! 😀 The first kind of squash we need to develop is pattypan. It's bought an amazing texture, dimension, taste, and must be certainly one of our faves!!
If you are not conversant in them, based on Wikipedia, the title Pattypan is derived from "a pan for baking a patty". I really like that the pattypan squash can also be know because the UFO squash due to its form.
How to make this Garlic and Herb Squash Casserole
Casseroles or one pan dishes are often really easy to make and this Garlic and Herb squash casserole is not any exception. Cut up the squash, add tomatoes, oregano, garlic, mayonnaise and parmesan cheese to a casserole dish and bake. Adding the herbs, tomatoes and mayonnaise makes this a creamy flavorful dish.
First lower the squash into chunk dimension items. Slice the garlic and take away the oregano leaves from the stems (dried oregano can be utilized if recent oregano just isn't obtainable). Grate the parmesan cheese and wash off the cherry (grape) tomatoes.
Place half the squash, tomatoes, garlic and oregano right into a small casserole dish. Spoon half of the mayonnaise onto the squash. Add some salt and pepper. Then add the remainder of the squash, tomatoes, garlic, oregano and the remainder of the mayonnaise. Top with the Parmesan cheese. Add 1/4 cup water to the dish.
Bake in a 375 diploma oven for 45 minutes. The squash will likely be tender and the cheese will likely be melted.
Serve with crusty bread if having as a fundamental dish. We additionally love having this as a facet dish with grilled hen, pork chops and even steak. Enjoy!!!
Garlic and Herb Squash Casserole
- 1 Pound Squash (Pattypan or summer season squash)
- 2 Cups Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/3 Cup Light Mayonnaise Or Regular Mayo
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 Ounce Parmesan Cheese Grated (about 1/3 Cup Parmesan Cheese)
- Salt and Pepper to style
- Preheat the oven to 375 levels. Cut the squash into chunk dimension items. For Pattypan, lower in half then quarter.
- Remove the oregano leaves from the stems
- Chop the garlic
- Layer the casserole. First, add 1/2 the Squash, 1/2 the tomatoes, 1/2 of the oregano, and 1/2 of the garlic to the casserole dish
- Add 1/2 of the mayonnaise on high. Just dollop the mayonnaise evenly on high of the Squash/tomatoes. Sprinkle on salt and pepper to style (about 1/2 tsp of every)
- Add the remainder of the squash, tomatoes, oregano, garlic and mayonnaise.
- Top with grated parmesan cheese. Pour 1/4 cup of water into the casserole dish
- Bake at 375 levels for 45 minutes
- Enjoy as a fundamental course or as a facet dish