This spicy aromatic rooster and lentil curry is a hearty very tasty dish. It's a wealthy, creamy straightforward to make dinner that highlights the crimson lentils and chunks of spiced rooster.
We completely love curry dishes!!! They often have primary straightforward to seek out elements which are remodeled into a significant taste bomb of spices. You do have to love spices when you could have curry. Plus, for us, we love including a Habanero to our curry dishes for additional warmth. The fruity taste of the habanero actually provides one other stage of taste to this Chicken and Lentil Curry dish. It's the kind of spicy that retains you coming again for extra.
What is Chicken and Lentil Curry?
We have made a number of variations of rooster curry dishes. Since we have been on a lentil kick recently, this time we determined so as to add the lentils to the meal, and WOW, it was an ideal addition.
This scrumptious rooster and lentil curry is made with rooster, broccoli, crimson lentils (We used dried crimson lentils however any lentil like crimson or inexperienced would additionally work on this dish.), curry powder and yogurt together with a number of different gadgets like rooster broth, cumin, onion, garlic and ginger. It's an ideal dish served over rice for an entire dinner..
So Easy to make. . .avoid wasting for leftovers!!!
The cool factor about this dish is that it is made in a single pan, takes lower than 40 minutes from begin to end, and also you get a meal that makes your style buds sing! We at all times have leftovers and have discovered it is even higher the following day, so if you wish to make folks jealous at work, ensure to avoid wasting in your lunch. Heating the curry up within the workplace microwave could have everybody asking, "What smells so good???"!
Oh, and if anybody steals your rooster and lentil curry lunch you'll simply discover them from that nice aroma!!!
Prep the elements!!!!
We at all times wish to get every thing prepared first earlier than beginning to cook dinner. So, for this dish prep:
Chop the onion, mince the ginger and garlic. Cut the rooster breast into chew dimension items. Measure the spices (curry, turmeric, cumin, rooster bouillon and sea salt) and place in a small bowl. Cut the broccoli into chew dimension items. Oh, and do not forget the broccoli stems. Just peel the surface of the stems then minimize the stems into chew dimension items. btw - the broccoli stems are the very best half . . .so candy and filled with taste!
How to make Chicken and Lentil Curry???
Once all of the prep work is finished. Heat the olive oil in a saute pan and add the onions, garlic and ginger. Cook for about 3 to five minutes till the onions begin to get mushy. Stir within the spices and cook dinner for a minute or so till the spices are good and aromatic. Add the rooster breast and cook dinner. Don't fear if the spices begin to stick simply cook dinner till the rooster is opaque and cooked by. Add the rooster broth and produce the rooster and lentil curry to a boil.
Rinse the lentils. Stir the lentils into the curry and add the broccoli. Bring again to a boil and switch all the way down to a simmer. Cook till the sauce is diminished by about half. This will take about 8 to 10 minutes.
Once the broth has cooked down. It's time so as to add the yogurt. DO NOT simply add the yogurt to the rooster and lentil curry!!!! This will trigger it to curdle. Take about 1/2 cup to 1 cup of the new broth and blend it into the yogurt. This will gently warmth the yogurt and can preserve you from curdling.
After this step combine the yogurt into the remainder of the rooster and lentil curry.
Only yet another step after this
The last step is to serve this yumminess over rice and ENJOY!!!
Tips for Chicken and Lentil Curry:
- Make certain to mood the yogurt earlier than including it to the rooster and lentil curry combination. This will preserve the curry from curdling
- Don't fear in regards to the spices sticking to the pan when cooking the rooster. If it begins to stay to a lot or getting too browned, simply add 1/2 cup of water. Don't add a ton of olive oil like they do on TV. Yes, the olive oil tastes good nevertheless it additionally has energy.
- Use any kind of lentil for this recipe (crimson, yellow or inexperienced). They all work nice
- Use the broccoli stems (they're sooo good!!). The stems are the very best a part of the broccoli. We usually clear the stems and use them for snacking.
Chicken and Lentil Curry
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Garlic Minced
- 2 Tablespoons Ginger Minced
- 1 Habanero Pepper Optional
- 3 1/2 Tablespoons Curry Powder
- 2 teaspoons Cumin
- 2 teaspoons Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 Tablespoon Chicken Bouillon
- 1 1/2 Pounds Chicken Breast
- 32 Ounces Chicken Broth
- 1 Juice of Lemon Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 zest of Lemon Zest of half a lemon
- 1 Cup Red Lentils
- 2 1/2 Cups Broccoli Cut into items
- 1 1/2 Cups Plain Non Fat Greek Yogurt
- Chop Onion, Mince Garlic and Ginger1 Medium Onion, 1 1/2 teaspoons Garlic, 2 Tablespoons Ginger
- Cut rooster breast into chew dimension items1 1/2 Pounds Chicken Breast
- Heat olive oil on a big fry pan. Add Onion, Garlic, and Ginger.1 1/2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Sauté onions, garlic and ginger till onion is mushy. Mix within the Habanero pepper. (Habanero is non-obligatory)1 Habanero Pepper
- Add the spices (curry, cumin, turmeric, Chicken Bouillon and sea salt). Cook for a few minutes till the spices are aromatic3 1/2 Tablespoons Curry Powder, 2 teaspoons Cumin, 2 teaspoons Turmeric, 1 teaspoon Sea Salt, 1/2 Tablespoon Chicken Bouillon
- Add rooster breast. Cook rooster over Medium warmth for about 5 to eight minutes. Cook till the rooster is opaque and cooked throughout
- Add the rooster broth.32 Ounces Chicken Broth
- Rinse the lentils in chilly water1 Cup Red Lentils
- Add the lentils to the rooster combination1 Cup Red Lentils
- Add the broccoli items2 1/2 Cups Broccoli
- Bring the combination to a boil, then scale back to a simmer. Cook down the broth till it has diminished by about half.
- Take pan off the warmth. Add lemon juice and zest. Temper the yogurt to maintain it from curdling: Add about 1/2 cup to 1 cup of the new (not boiling) rooster combination to the yogurt. Whisk them collectively. This will preserve the yogurt from curdling and also will make the sauce good and creamy1 Juice of Lemon, 1/2 zest of Lemon
- Stir the tempered yogurt into the pan with the rooster and broccoli.1 1/2 Cups Plain Non Fat Greek Yogurt
- Serve over rice or cauliflower rice. ENJOY!!!