This Cajun “Chicken” Alfredo pasta is prepared in lower than 20 minutes (sure, actually!), and is full of taste!
Two pasta recipes in two weeks?! #sorrynotsorry. We’re obsessive about Kaizen pasta and didn’t intend to submit this Cajun “Chicken” Alfredo Pasta as a full-fledged recipe right here on CIK however one chew in and we knew it was too good to not share! This is a semi-homemade recipe, utilizing a mixture of pre-made comfort merchandise just like the alfredo sauce from Primal Kitchen and the “chicken” from Daring. Do you're keen on semi-homemade recipes as a lot as we do? They’re straightforward, on the desk FAST, and are nostalgic after watching Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee rising up.
All in all, this dinner took actually 10 minutes to throw collectively and was one of many, if not THE, greatest pasta dish we’ve ever made at residence. Even in comparison with our non plant-based, low-carb days. Here’s what you’ll have to recreate this dish in your kitchen:
- Kaizen Pasta – use code SUPERPASTA for 15% off however be warned, you’ll by no means wish to run out This submit isn’t sponsored in any respect neither is the code an affiliate code – we’re simply actually in love and suppose you have to be too
- Daring “Chicken” – we used the Cajun spiced one
- Alfredo Sauce – we used Primal Kitchen’s Alfredo, it’s DELISH
- Parmesan cheese – we used Violife however should you’re not dairy-free, be happy to make use of common
- Cherry tomatoes
- Spices – garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cajun seasoning
- Hot sauce – we used a golden habanero scorching sauce however nearly any kind will work right here
That’s it! It would even be scrumptious with some jalapeños or serranos sautéed in with the onion however we didn’t have any the night time we made this. This pasta was a form of “we don’t have anything to eat so let’s see what we can make” and it ended up being absolutely the BEST. Don’t you're keen on when that occurs? You might additionally add in a number of minced cloves of garlic too. Maybe some mushrooms? Really, go wild.
A very good pinch of flaky sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper prime all of it off and also you’re able to dig in!
A observe on internet carbs
While this recipe isn’t technically keto because it has roughly 15 internet carbs per serving, we predict there’s a spot for recipes on CIK which can be extra low-carb than keto. You might slash some carbs by forgoing the onion and should you’re not plant-based, utilizing common rooster will scale back the carbs considerably as effectively.
Cajun Chicken Alfredo Pasta
- 1 package deal Kaizen pasta cooked based on package deal directions then drained
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 package deal Daring Cajun “Chicken”
- 1/2 medium yellow onion thinly sliced
- 3 massive handfuls contemporary child spinach
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon scorching sauce see submit for strategies
- 1/2 jar Primal Kitchen Alfredo sauce
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan for topping dairy-free if plant-based, we use Violife
- Flaky sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper for topping
- Cook the pasta based on the package deal directions.
- Heat the oil in a big cast-iron skillet over medium excessive warmth. Once scorching, prepare dinner the "chicken" based on package deal directions (if utilizing animal-based rooster, prepare dinner for 3-4 minutes per aspect till crispy).
- Add within the onion and prepare dinner for 4-5 minutes till softened earlier than including within the spinach, cherry tomatoes, and spices. Cook simply till the spinach is wilted then add within the scorching sauce and alfredo sauce. Stir to mix.
- Gently fold within the pasta. To serve, prime with parmesan, salt, and pepper≥