Black beans and rice has change into a consolation meals favourite in our home. This recipe is nice as a facet dish, important course, and even for breakfast. We have discovered its nice to make even with out the ham to have as a pleasant vegetarian dish or meatless Monday. We like to make use of black beans due to the flavour they add (we use them for refried beans and bean dip as properly!!) however you'll be able to actually use any bean you want for this dish.
It's so shocking how a lot taste is on this black bean and rice dish and the way straightforward it's to make. We stored the recipe easy by utilizing canned beans and leftover rice. The dish comes collectively in lower than quarter-hour. Adding habanero provides a pleasant spice however is not crucial. do you know, further vitamins are added to your weight loss program when consuming beans and rice collectively.
How to make Black Beans and Rice
We love consuming black beans and rice for the flavour and dietary worth, it’s an actual win-win! Rice and Beans are wholesome, straightforward to make and reasonably priced. It doesn’t get higher than that! This versatile dish is tasty and genuine, to not point out, the entire dietary advantages of a wholesome carb and protein combination.
Cook the rice in keeping with the package deal. We make ours right away pot or, if now we have leftover rice we use that to make this dish even quicker.
Get all the pieces prepared earlier than beginning. Chop an onion, measure the spices, and chop the ham. Oh, open the cans of beans! 😀
Heat some olive oil in sauté pan for about 30 seconds. Add the onions and cook dinner till they begin to soften. Add the beans, ham, and spices to the onions. The spices used are Adobo, Oregano, Cumin, Sazón spice packet and Chicken Bouillon. Coat the onions beans and ham with the spices. If you need it spicy add the habanero pepper
Add one cup of water to combination and produce to a boil, then flip all the way down to a simmer for five minutes till the sauce cooks down by about half.
Stir within the cooked rice. Cook till the rice is totally coated within the sauce and the sauce is good and thick. This is the ultimate step for the black beans and rice.
Top with copped cilantro, parsley, or inexperienced onions to complete off this black bean and rice dish. Heck, it is nice with no toppings!
Serve and ENJOY!!
Black Beans and Rice with Ham
- 2 Cups Rice
- 2 Cans Black Beans
- 1 Pound Ham Optional
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Large Onion
- 1 Tablespoon Adobo
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Packet Sazón Spice Mix Natural and full - No Salt
- 1/2 Tablespoon Chicken Bouillon
- 1 Habanero Optional
- 1 Cup Cilantro Optional
- Start Rice. If not utilizing leftover rice cook dinner the rice in keeping with the package deal.Chop the onion and dice the ham1 Large Onion, 2 Cups Rice
- Measure spices and blend them collectively1 Tablespoon Adobo, 1 teaspoon Oregano, 1 teaspoon Cumin, 1 Packet Sazón Spice Mix , 1/2 Tablespoon Chicken Bouillon
- Heat olive oil for about 30 seconds in saute pan. Add the chopped onion. Cook onions till comfortable for about 3 to five minutes1 Tablespoon Olive Oil, 1 Large Onion
- Stir within the spices
- Add the black beans. We generally add 3 cans of black beans to make the dish final even longer!1 Pound Ham, 2 Cans Black Beans
- Stir within the ham and chopped habanero (Habanero is completely elective!)1 Habanero
- Add 1 cup of water and stir
- Bring to a boil then flip all the way down to simmer and cook dinner for about 5 minutes till the sauce begins to cook dinner down
- Stir within the cooked rice
- Continue to cook dinner, stirring usually, till the sauce is thick. About 3 minutes
- Chop cilantro or parsley for topping.1 Cup Cilantro
- Serve with chopped cilantro. ENJOY!!!!
The submit Black Beans and Rice with Ham appeared first on Belly Laugh Living.