This simple low-carb dinner of Balsamic Mushrooms with Herbed Veggie Mash is ideal for plant-based eaters or anybody trying so as to add extra veggies to their weight loss program!
Are you a mushroom fan? We are! We particularly love wild mushrooms however this simple meal of Balsamic Mushrooms with Herbed Veggie Mash is nice along with your run of the mill Cremini’s that are simple to search out at any grocery retailer.
If you've gotten entry to different mushroom varieties, we love Maitake on this recipe too.
The veggie mash is mainly our Keto Mashed Cauliflower, we love this recipe and use it for therefore many issues. It actually is perfection. Even in case you’re not normally a fan of cauliflower, you’ll like it. And, sure, we all know that’s what all of the meals bloggers say however we promise it’s true!
Obviously, this recipe is fairly low-calorie so in case you’re desirous to bump it up a bit, strive serving this as a aspect with some protein. Tempeh and tofu are the plain selections for plant-based of us or for omnivores, rooster or steak could be our go-to’s. If you serve this as a principal or a aspect, both approach, we guess you’ll like it!
Balsamic Mushrooms with Herbed Veggie Mash
- 10 ounces cremini mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted dairy-free butter or common if not dairy-free
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons minced recent herbs we used rosemary, oregano, and thyme
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- ⅔ cup unsweetened plain almond milk or heavy cream if not dairy-free
- 1 ½ cups chopped kale
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper to style
- First, make the veggie mash by heating the butter in a big 10.5” skillet over medium-high warmth. Once sizzling add within the garlic and recent herbs prepare dinner for 30 seconds till aromatic. Add within the cauliflower and heavy cream. Cover and simmer for quarter-hour till the florets are mushy. Transfer the combination to a meals processor and mix till clean. If wanted, add an extra tablespoon or two of heavy cream to achieve your required consistency. Season with salt and pepper to style.
- To the identical skillet over medium warmth add the kale with 2 tablespoons of water. Cover and prepare dinner 3-4 minutes till wilted. Stir the kale into the mashed cauliflower and divide between two bowls.
- In the identical skillet over medium-high warmth, warmth the olive oil. Once sizzling add within the garlic and mushrooms. Add 1 tablespoon water to the skillet, prepare dinner for 5-7 minutes till the mushrooms are mushy. Add within the balsamic vinegar, salt, and black pepper. Cook one other 1-2 minutes till the vinegar has decreased and is thick. Top the bowls with the mushrooms and serve.